Liberty Mutual Group -
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
When you enter a finance and accounting position at Liberty Mutual Insurance, you will find the same dynamic environment and challenges as within other organizations. Yet you will find something more: an opportunity to apply your analytic and technical skills to a company renowned for its integrity and focus on developing its employees' careers.
In this role, you will provide accounting and clerical support functions for one of our financial units. Using business judgment on issues and tasks, you will have impact on financial and departmental activities. You will also work closely with technical financial staff to assist with special projects or research.
* Process various financial transactions such as bills, expense reports, receivables.
* Input data and maintain logs for recording and tracking transactions. Monitor compliance with policy and procedures; identify trends in activities and outcomes. Ensure that accounts are balanced and reconciled.
* Collect, compile, prepare and analyze data from multiple financial systems, including journal entries and other financial transactions.
* Serve as a liaison for assigned accounts, customers and/or vendors. May handle sensitive issues or transactions.
* Perform other duties and projects including operation reports, month-end closing activities and researching and resolving complex issues.
* High School diploma required; Associates degree in business or accounting preferred.
* A minimum of 6 months to 4 years of work experience.
* Ability to identify and resolve issues and present information in a clear manner.
* Proficiency with spreadsheets and/or departmental systems applications.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Finance & Accounting
Salary (Pay Basis)
High School Diploma/GED (±11 years)