Liberty Mutual Group -
Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Under close supervision, completes Industrial Hygiene field surveys to identify/assess physical, chemical or biological health hazards in the workplace. Workload includes accounts of intermediate to advanced complexity. Conducts research and gathers/analyzes data to develop recommendations/service approach for controlling sources of risk, loss, and cost to submit for management approval. Implements recommendations; may collaborate with colleagues on multi-location accounts. Prepares reports to management that quantify/qualify value of Industrial Hygiene interventions. May participate in projects to gain exposure to departmental processes/operations.
* Provides direct IH field service following an established service plan or IH service request by completing O.D. exposure assessment at customer’s site, which helps to identify customer's source of risk, reduces losses and costs. The OD Exposure assessment strategies may be reviewed by the RCS Region Manager, IH Technical Director, or tenured Consulting IH.
* Prepares technical specialist confirmations which reports and evaluates exposure assessment data. Investigates cause and effect relationships and includes appropriate control measure recommendations. Controls directed at identifying and reducing O.D. exposures.
* Participates in training and development of customers or internal RCS consultants as assigned. Works with senior IH team members to present topics in formal training classes.
* Provides various internal departments with information and guidance as it relates to RCS, Claims, Underwriting, and Distribution.
* Manages time efficiently by effectively planning assigned workload across region.
* Actively pursues professional development efforts and insurance/safety designations, as directed by Region Manager, to better meet customer needs or service expectations.
* Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Science, Engineering or related field and 1.5 to 3 years' progressively responsible, relevant consulting experience in an industrial hygiene/loss control environment.
* Demonstrated ability to consult with multiple levels of an organization. Effective problem-solving, research and analytical skills.
* Capable of calibration and effective field use of most commonly utilized industrial hygiene instruments.
* Knowledge of software applications designed to facilitate data aggregation and analysis.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills for documenting service plans and management reports, as well as interacting directly with customers.
* Position requires regular travel, including regular customer site visits with some overnight travel.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Salary (Pay Basis)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 50 % of the Time