Liberty Mutual Group -
Advance your career Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company
Are you looking for an opportunity to use your degree in the business world? Then Liberty Mutual's Equipment Breakdown Risk Control group might be right for you. Our Equipment Breakdown Risk Control team works closely with our customers to help them identify, quantify, mitigate, or eliminate serious threats to their businesses. In the process, we help fulfill Liberty Mutual's mission of helping people live safer, more secure lives.
Liberty Mutual is currently hiring an Equipment Breakdown Risk Control Consultant to provide jurisdictionally required inspections and other services to an assigned group of customers.
Equipment Breakdown Engineer -
If you are a talented Equipment Breakdown Inspector who is looking for a ground floor opportunity to help build a new business, Liberty Mutual Insurance's Equipment Breakdown division may the right place for you.
Reporting to the Equipment Breakdown Engineering Manager, you will:
* Perform jurisdictional inspections on boilers and pressure vessels within assigned territory and report findings to the authority having jurisdiction and other interested parties. Support underwriters with risk assessment account reviews and serve as a technical resource to field claim adjusters
Conduct extensive research and data collection which helps to identify customer's source of risk, loss and costs. Compiles facts from on-site visits and various reports and databases to assess existing processes/practices, determine severity/frequency of problems, and identify needs. Assesses and benchmarks customers performance against internal and industry standards.
* Interpret and analyze data to determine best course of action and/or solution that satisfies customer's risk service's needs. Utilize advanced software applications to help find innovative and cost-effective solutions to customers risk service's needs. Conduct cost-benefit analysis to determine how and when a recommended improvement at customers' facility/operation will pay off. Investigate cause and effect relationships.
* Prepare technical reports which reports and evaluates data.
* Organize data into a format which can easily be presented to customer. Prepare and present reports which outline action plan for improved practices and/or changing workforce cultures/behaviors.
* Maintain effective partnerships with customers. Learn about customer's business in order to identify risk management objectives and needs. Ensure accurate and concise communication and mutual understanding with customers. Keep customers informed of status of services, support material available and outside resources relevant to identify customers' safety concerns.
* Participate in training and development of customers. Oversee implementation of program(s). Provides technical support to assist with implementation of recommendations/actions plans. Counsel customers regarding technical issues.
* Actively pursues professional development efforts to better meet customer expectations.
* May actively participate in acquiring new business by following up on leads and presenting proposals to potential customers.
* Serve as a technical expert in a specific specialty area.
* National Board Commission required.
* Knowledge, skills and experience in boiler and pressure vessel inspections, service planning and delivery, risk assessment, risk analysis, solutions management and progress measurement. Fully effective interpersonal, writing and other communication skills required to develop and maintain relationships with customers, peers, and industry contacts.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent with coursework in mathematics and engineering or related area, plus a minimum of 3 years of directly related consulting experience. Previous experience applicable to loss prevention may be substituted for lack of formal education or advanced degree may be substituted for 2 years of experience. Master's degree, designation(s) or certification(s) preferred.
* Demonstrated ability to retrieve and enter information using various proprietary software applications and create/modify documents and spreadsheets using Microsoft Office suite.
* Ability to work closely with Claims and Underwriting.
* Position requires regular travel.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives every day.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Salary (Pay Basis)
Bachelor's Degree (±16 years)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, California