Liberty Mutual Group -
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
Provides direction for medical management to Medical & Disability Case Managers (MDCM), Nurse Case Managers (NCM), market claims case managers (CCM), and team managers on catastrophic injury claims as defined in the CCMU protocols. Provides guidance for home modification, vehicle purchase or modification, or attendant care on catastrophic and non-catastrophic cases. Evaluates and opines on future medical case management and medical exposure on catastrophic cases. Can expect to have 300 catastrophic claims on their assignment with an average incurred medical value of over $1.1M.
* Responsible for directing MDCMs, NCMs, WC Examiners and market claims personnel on medical and disability management on catastrophic medical claims. Also responsible for directing attendant care, home and vehicle modifications, and other rehabilitation issues on non-catastrophic medical claims.
* Responsible for outlining future medical exposures on initial catastrophic injury reports and for subsequent reserve documents.
* Accountable for directing and monitoring rehabilitation facility placement on catastrophic claims to ensure quality care and cost effective treatment through direct negotiations.
* Must develop a working knowledge on the current medical and legal climate in assigned jurisdictions.
* Identifies appropriate cases for referral to Behavioral Management, Inc., Regional Medical Directors, or other internal and external resources.
* Proactive involvement with inventory of 300 catastrophic injury cases for medical management. Also tracks paid medical, attendant care, home and vehicle modification issues, and medical and disability management trends. Provides notice to management upon the demise of catastrophically injured workers for future rated age database.
* Responds to written and phone inquiries from market claim offices, Home Office Examiners, MDCMs and NCMs in a timely manner.
* Provides analysis and assistance on medical exposure of AL cases as requested by the AL unit.
Registered Nursing License required.
Strong communication skills required, both written and verbal.
MDCM or NCM with minimum of five years of case management experience or Claims professional with five years claims experience with demonstrated interest and knowledge of medical/disability case management.
CCMU team members are also obligated to secure and keep current one or more of the following advanced certifications: Certified Disability Management Specialist (CDMS), Certified Case Manager (CCM), Certified Rehabilitation Registered Nurse (CRRN), Managed Healthcare Professional (MHP) or Associate Life Health Claim (ALHC).
Proficiency with MS Word, MS Excel, and MS PowerPoint strongly preferred.
We recognize that talented people are attracted to companies that provide competitive pay, comprehensive benefits packages and outstanding advancement opportunities. For this reason we offer a Comprehensive Benefits Plan that includes the following:
* 401K and Company paid pension plan
* Medical coverage
* Dental coverage
* Paid time-off
* Discounts on automobile and homeowner's insurance
* Discount fitness memberships
* Flexible spending accounts
* Tuition reimbursement
* Vision care coverage
* Work/Life resources
* Credit Union membership
* Employee and Dependent life insurance
* Disability insurance
* Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
We believe strongly that commercial success can be achieved in a manner consistent with principles and ideals that bind us together as one company, that set us apart from our competitors, and that in the end will allow us to say we have succeeded commercially by doing the right thing the right way.
We believe that the Company's success is inextricably linked to our employees' satisfaction and success: satisfaction that they work for an industry leader committed to improving safety, satisfaction that they work for a company that does the right thing, and satisfaction that the company will reward them for their contributions and provide opportunities for personal growth and success.
We believe our employees take pride in knowing that they help people live safer more secure lives everyday.
Responsibility. What's your policy?
Nursing & Medical
US-CA-Orange, US-FL-Tampa, US-IL-Hoffman Estates, US-WI-Wausau, US-TX-Irving
Salary (Pay Basis)
Associate's Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Dover, New Hampshire