Begin your career in finance with Liberty Mutual, a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Grow your skills across a wide array of concentrations, including financial reporting, accounting controls and policy, planning and analytics, treasury, taxation, and global internal audit. You’ll also receive support from senior colleagues and leadership as you maximize your career potential and opportunities.
What are you doing this summer? Why not immerse yourself in a finance or accounting internship that provides hands-on, real-world experience—all while making new friends. Our interns receive competitive pay and often advance to subsequent internship opportunities or full-time positions within Liberty Mutual.
- Contribute to work that creates positive change for our customers and our business
- Work alongside senior leadership to build lifelong skills
- Assist with financial documentation and identify areas where Liberty Mutual can improve systems and processes
- Collaborate with peers and mentors through organized and ad hoc social events
The Financial Management Program
- Formal training to enhance finance and accounting skills within the insurance industry
- Development of technical and analytical skills through exposure to challenging work
- Cultivation of a strong network of peers and mentors in the finance industry
Direct Hire Entry-Level Opportunities
In search of an entry-level position in finance or accounting? All of Liberty Mutual’s programs provide training and challenging work to improve your technical, financial, and analytical skills.
- Corporate Accounting—Adhere to established accounting and reporting policies to provide consistent, timely, and accurate reporting. Play a role in overseeing the external reporting of financial results
- Corporate Tax—Perform tax analysis and complete key tax deliverables across federal, state and international tax jurisdictions. Collaborate with business partners to achieve Liberty’s strategic priorities.
- Corporate Treasury—Manage short-term cash, accounts payable, support new banking and fintech products & services while focusing on customer experience, expense management, risk mitigation and regulatory requirements.
- Internal Audit—Collaborate as part of a team to perform risk assessments and conduct independent reviews of internal controls by leveraging data analytics and innovative audit testing techniques.
- Cybersecurity & Technology Audit —Collaborate as part of a team to perform risk assessments and conduct independent reviews of Liberty Mutual’s cloud-based and hybrid systems while developing a broad knowledge base in cybersecurity and how it is used within the insurance industry.